The County of Simcoe is one of the fastest growing Counties in Ontario. This keeps our Staff and member municipalities very busy processing a substantial number of development applications annually.
The County is involved from two perspectives, as an approval authority for official plans/amendments, and subdivisions and condominiums for the Township of Adjala-Tosorontio, Town of Innisfil, Township of Severn, Township of Springwater and Township of Tiny, and as a commenting agency to ensure County interests and by-laws are appropriately addressed. Prior to initiating any condominium, subdivision, or any other type of development application, the County urges pre-consultation as outlined below.
Pre Consultation Guidelines
- With the passing of County (Preconsultation) by-law # 5528, the County Planning Department requires consultation prior to a formal submission of a County of Simcoe Official Plan Amendment and/or a Plan of Subdivision/Condominium application for which the Corporation of the County of Simcoe is the approval authority. Preconsultation Form
- Purpose of Pre Consultation: to provide planning application proponent with an opportunity to describe a development proposal, and to provide him/her with an evaluation of the proposal or concept in comparison with the policies of the County of Simcoe Official Plan, the PPS, and other relevant matters.
- Staff of the local municipality is included in the pre consultation.
- No final judgment is given with regard to the suitability of the prospective application, but the positives and negatives are discussed, compared to the policies of the Plan.
- Can be done on site or in office.
- Send a follow up letter to (1) identify Plan policies that affect the prospective application, (2) indicate study requirements for an application, e.g. EIS, TIS.
While informal conversation about the suitability of a concept often takes place, any formal consultation should be done according to these guidelines. Potential applicants are encouraged to follow the links below for more information.