12 Grace Avenue, Orillia, Ontario, L3V 2K2 (705) 325-1504
Trillium Manor Resident and Family Handbook
How to Apply to Long Term Care in the County of Simcoe
|Would you like to change font size on your desktop? Hold down the Control or Apple Key and press + or -|
Click on links below to view each Activty Calendar by Unit for October 2016:
Music and Memories iPod Donation Drive
Donate any Apple product and transform a life! Music can calm a person, help them engage, focus, and regain a connection. The goal is to be able to provide residents with an iPod loaded with their personal choice of music. Charitable Receipt Provided for Monetary Donations. Contact Crystal Rosewell (705) 325-1504 Ext. 4080 or email@example.com
Trillium Manor was built by the Ladies Orange Benevolent Association, Ontario West in 1969 as a Charitable Home for the Aged. At that time the Ladies Orange Benevolent Association named the facility Trillium Home for the Aged. Accommodation consisted of 37 semi private rooms with central core washrooms. Sixty three independent residents were admitted.
The care requirements for these independent residents were very light; therefore, staffing consisted of one RN, one HCA and one housekeeper laundry person plus the Administrator. The Ladies Orange Benevolent Association elected board members who were responsible to oversee the operation of Trillium Home for the Aged. These Board members were very dedicated people who travelled from different parts of Ontario for their meetings.
Planning for the future the Administration applied for and received the conversion of 50 residential beds to 50 extended care beds. This allowed for heavier care residents to be admitted and an increase in the staffing levels. The bed complement was increased to 72.
In 1987, the garage at Trillium Home was converted to a laundry with industrial washers and dryers to accommodate the laundry requirements of the residents.
Trillium Home for the Aged was purchased by the Corporation of the County of Simcoe in 1989 changing the Home's status from charitable to municipal. The name was changed to Trillium Manor, Home for the Aged in keeping with the three other County Homes.
Between 1994 and 1996 Trillium Manor was involved in a major redevelopment project. This project consisted of a new expansion and a complete retrofit of the existing building for a total of 122 beds. The redevelopment created four separate units with semi and private rooms all with ensuite washrooms, a special care unit for the cognitively impaired, a 100 percent barrier free environment and an expansion of the kitchen, laundry and maintenance areas. On completion of the expansion and retrofit, the 50 residents from Hillcrest Lodge were transferred to Trillium Manor and Hillcrest Lodge in Orillia was closed. The newly built auditorium at Trillium Manor was named Hillcrest Hall in honour of the closing of Hillcrest Lodge, which had been a long established facility for seniors, in the city of Orillia. The grand opening ceremonies were held November 16, 1996 with residents from Trillium Manor and Hillcrest Lodge in attendance.
The programs and services of the Manor are regulated by the Residential Services Branch of the Ontario Ministry of Health. The Manor is "accredited" by Accreditation Canada and is a full member of the Ontario Association of Non-Profit Homes and Services for Seniors.
To serve the needs of our residents and families, Trillium Manor office administration have extended hours on Mondays and Saturdays. Office hours are open on Mondays 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.