Summer Student Employment
OUR 2013 SUMMER STUDENT POSTINGS ARE NOW CLOSED.
APPLICATIONS WILL NOW BE REVIEWED AND SHOULD YOU BE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW, YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY OUR HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
Interviews are scheduled to take place during Ontario College & University reading weeks. If you are an out of town student and are not able to attend in person, telephone interviews may be arranged.
Each year the County of Simcoe hires summer students in many different departments. The Human Resources department generally posts its summer student opportunities in January for employment with the County from May until the end of August.
- Students are eligible for employment as a summer student if they are currently attending a post-secondary institution on a full-time basis and will be returning to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
- Students must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Some postings will accept applicants who are in high school, provided they are at least 16 years of age. Review each posting for eligibility requirements.
- Jobs will be posted in January of each year, for jobs that will begin the following May
- All resumes submitted will be reviewed. If you wish to apply for more than one job, please apply to each position individually.
- Only students selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Interviews will be conducted at the County of Simcoe's Administration Centre in Midhurst, ON, unless otherwise indicated.
- Successful candidates will be offered the position following the completion of the interview process.
The job postings for summer student positions will appear on our website in January of each year. You may apply to more than one position if you are qualified. If you are interested in summer student employment, but do not see any available postings, you may register with us in our summer student talent group. We will notify you by e-mail when the summer student jobs are posted and you may choose to return and apply to postings at that time. Please click on the button below to register.