Paramedic Services Recruitment
The County of Simcoe Paramedic Services Department is a team of dedicated, qualified and motivated staff, devoted to providing the highest quality of care in a pre-hospital environment. The County typically engages in a Paramedic Recruitment Process 1-2 times each calendar year.
How do I apply when I see a posting for Paramedics?
Review the current postings by visiting our Careers page and searching our employment opportunities. If there is a current posting for paramedics, you may highlight that job, and click apply. This will launch the application wizard which will take you through the application process.
If there is not a current posting for Paramedics, you may choose to apply to the Paramedic Talent Pool with the County of Simcoe. Once a paramedic position has been posted, you will be notified by e-mail and can return to the County of Simcoe website to complete your application. Click the button below to begin your registration process.
What are the steps in the recruitment process?
After the job posting has closed, all applicants will be reviewed, and those selected for the testing and interview phase will be contacted. The recruitment process is as follows:
Interview, Driving Test, Lifting Test
Base Hospital Training
Offer of Employment
What are the eligibility requirements?
Candidates must be eligible for employment under the Ambulance Act of Ontario
What documentation is required?
The following information must be provided to the recruitment team during the recruitment process in order to be considered for an offer of employment:
- High School Diploma
- College Diploma or Letter confirming graduation from college
- MOH-LTC Mandatory Training Records or Letter confirming mandatory training was delivered in school
- EMCA/AEMCA Certificate (Advanced Emergency Medical Care Attendant)
- Current CPR Certification (within 12 months)
- Current first aid certificate
- Class "F" Ontario Drivers license Photo ID
- Ontario Ministry of Transport Drivers Abstract (less than 30 days old)
- Criminal Record Check (less than 30 days old)
- Health Status Questionnaire
- Two (2) colour passport quality pictures