The County of Simcoe provides uniform access to waste collection services to the Industrial, Commercial and Institutional (IC&I) sectors, including multi-family residences with six or more units per property.
All businesses will be eligible to receive curbside waste collection service. The maximum limits are:
- One untagged bag of garbage weekly per property (not per individual business or dwelling on the property)
- Up to seven tagged bags of garbage weekly per property (for a total of eight bags weekly)
- The equivalent of up to six standard-sized recycling bins weekly (or two-wheeled carts) per property
- Up to six standard-sized green organics bins weekly per property
- IC&I locations must reasonably participate in the recycling and organics programs in order for their garbage to be collected.
Any additional waste generated at an IC&I location must be managed by the business at its own expense.
The County is not required to provide waste collection services to IC&I sector locations. These changes are aimed at providing service similar to that provided residentially.
For more information please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org, 705-735-6901, or 1-800-263-3199.