Hunting is permitted within many Simcoe County Forest tracts with the exception of some properties that are located in close proximity to urban areas. Hunters are required to be members of the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters and must adhere to all provincial hunting regulations. Any tree stand must be portable and the use of nails or other hardware is strictly prohibited.
Hunters are permitted to utilize ATV's on existing trails throughout the County Forests ONLY as follows:
- To allow disabled or infirm hunters access to the SCF during all hunting seasons
- To facilitate large game retrieval (deer and bear)
- To facilitate complete access to the SCF during the Controlled Deer Hunt only
The above applies to ATV use only. Prior written permission is required for accessing the County Forest using any other type of vehicle.
All hunters must be members in good standing with the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters.
Furthermore, hunting shall NOT be permitted in the following Simcoe County Forest tracts as specified below and within the County Forest Recreation By-law.
- Dyer Tract, City of Barrie
- Blauxham Tract, City of Barrie
- Midhurst Tract, Township of Springwater
- Museum Tract, Township of Springwater
- Tottenham Tract, Township of New Tecumseth
- Rippon Tract, Township of Essa
- Thompson Tract, Town of Penetanguishene
- Thompson Tract, Township of Tiny
- Charlebois Tract, Township of Tiny
- Martin's Valley Tract, Town of Midland
Fishing is permitted within the Simcoe County Forest providing the angler adheres to provincial licensing and regulations.