Midhurst/January 5, 2017 – Bad weather and poor driving conditions, combined with high waste volumes over the holidays and double up volumes from previous misses have been impacting waste collection services in the County of Simcoe. These impacts have slowed collection crews down and in some cases, trucks have been pulled from routes for the safety of drivers and the public.
Due to these accumulative circumstances the County will be implementing the following special waste collection schedule:
Thursday, January 5, 2017
- Collecting late into the evening in the Town of Bradford-West Gwillimbury, Town of New Tecumseth and Town of Innisfil.
Friday, January 6, 2017
- Any missed areas in the Town of Bradford-West Gwillimbury, Town of New Tecumseth and the Town of Innisfil
- Normally scheduled routes in Township of Clearview, Township of Springwater and Township of Adjala-Tosorontio
Saturday, January 7, 2017
- Missed areas in the Township of Clearview, Township of Springwater and Township of Adjala-Tosorontio from Friday, January 6
- Missed areas in the Township of Oro-Medonte and Township of Severn from Wednesday, January 4
Collection crews will start as early as 7 a.m. and run until late evening. PLEASE leave your materials at the curb to ensure collection.
Please note that the County is hopeful that waste schedules will return to normal next week but would like to remind residents that weather and road impacts occur throughout the winter and when misses occur the regular process is for double collection limits the following week.
For immediate waste collection alerts and notices residents are strongly encouraged to register for the County's Waste Schedule tool to receive collection service alerts specific to your area via telephone or email. Visit simcoe.ca/wasteschedule to register or follow us on Twitter @simcoecounty and @simcoecountyCS. Waste collection impacts are also posted on simcoe.ca.
Residents can also contact the County of Simcoe call centre at 1-866-893-9300 Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to report misses or to receive information.
County of Simcoe is composed of sixteen member municipalities and provides crucial public services to County residents in addition to providing paramedic and social services to the separated cities of Barrie and Orillia. Visit our website at simcoe.ca.
Director, Corporate Communications
705-726-9300 ext. 1230
705-726-9300 ext. 1430