The County of Simcoe Children and Community Services Department has directly operated a licensed Home Child Care program for more than 25 years. We currently have 30 approved homes throughout Simcoe County offering quality child care for families in receipt of fee subsidy.
The program is licensed by the Ontario Ministry of Education and the County is able to approve up to 75 homes to provide care.
Two full-time Child Care Representatives, who are registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators, support our providers. They monitor the homes and ensure compliance with the Child Care and Early Years Act and County of Simcoe Policy and Procedure through monthly home visits and quarterly home inspections.
We offer in-home activities, provider professional development, field trips, provider play days, curriculum, and an equipment lending library.
Home Child Care is available to no more than six children per home from infant to 12 years of age. Care is provided on a flexible basis in accordance with the parents'/guardians' need. Home Child Care may be appropriate when:
- care in a smaller group setting is preferable
- a more home-like environment is preferable
- the local childcare centres and or nursery schools' programs are unable to accommodate a particular age group or have no vacant spaces
- extended hours of care and/or weekend care are required
The program encourages:
- a warm, stimulating, smoke-free home environment where children can develop physically, emotionally, socially, intellectually, and creatively
- the assurance that children are safe, have a place to rest and play, and are provided with nutritious snacks and meals
- the opportunity to develop feelings of trust, friendship, self-confidence, and responsibility
For further information please contact Andrea Hryciw at 705-722-3132 or 905-729-4514 ext. 1145 or by email at